Illustrator CS6 - keyboard increments (pixels)no smaller than .01?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reposting since it looks like enough time has passed that I can no longer reply to the original. And thanks to CarlosCanto for his thoughtful reply.

That said, here's the post:

"Units: pixels - Is there really no way to get keyboard increments smaller than .01 for the ultra-fine nudging? In previous versions (at least to CS4 tmk, allowed for increments up to 4 or 5 decimal points. Granted, I don't use below .001 that much, but I definitely use that quite a bit.

Anyone have any ray of sunshine on this one? It's driving me a litle crazy.

Thank in advance,

Synth"

By all accounts, it looks like .01 is the smallest nudge increment CS6 allows. All snapping = OFF, align to pixel grid = OFF. I even get a warning audio cue when setting .001 in preferences. Tested via Info as well.

Can anyone confirm this?  And if you can, why, for the love of God, would Adobe remove that functionality?  Of course there are workarounds, but all are workflow disruptive for me. I'm hoping I'm just missing something or theres a config somewhere I can set.

Thanks for any help.

Synth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try sweithicng to inches for a finer nudge in CS6.

Screen Shot 2012-09-13 at 3.45.33 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have just workarround as well, but does not look such disruptive for me. What about working in larger scale 10 : 1 or 100 : 1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this SAME issue with my document. But I need my artboard to be a specific size. Every time I place the dimensions in it rounds up or down. 

EXAMPLE:

I type in this:

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 4.19.56 PM.png

When I tab/click out, Illustrator rounds it up...

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 4.20.06 PM.png

Is there a way to change the preferances to show 4 (or more) decimals? This is really frustrating when I need my artboard to be a specific size.

For now I will just have to change my design.

Thanks for any help!

-A

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know of a way to change the displayed numbers, but the numbers you type in are exact (to 10 digits IIRC) in the file; even tho they are displayed as rounded. Suggest your turn in a recommended change in a future release.

The "problem" for coding is that there is limited display room on many panels/palettes and many digit displays don't fit well; but there could be alternate solutions such as a dialog box display when requested by user.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines