• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6 wont license

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older Mac, running 10.7.5 that I've had CS6 on for years because it runs some older  - but important - equipment.  I've purchased Illustrator and all the adobe products since 1992 and since 2014 have been on the CS.  When I restarted the machine it gave me a message that I needed to renew my subscription.  When I click License this product it tells me I'm not connected to the internet or my clock is wrong.  Both are incorrect.  It seems to send me different places each time I try to launch it.  One message was that the serial number had beed revoked.  I called Adobe support multiple times yesterday and after a clear recorded message was transferred to someone with a terrible connection I couldn't understand and when they tried to transfer me I was on hold without ever getting another human.  After trying this three times I gave up.  This morning it was a better connection but the girl told me I had pirated software and became very rude.  When I called back I finally got someone who said they would give me 30 days of free access while I find my serial number.  This would at least allow me to run my equipment while I figure out a solution, but the link never came.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Looking back I see I've had CS since 2012, which I believe is when CS6 came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 didn't have subscription, unless you subscribed to Creative Cloud - then  there was a CS6 version available.

Are you on a Cloud account?

Did you buy the software directly from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

..... When I restarted the machine it gave me a message that I needed to renew my subscription.  When I click License this product it tells me I'm not connected to the internet or my clock is wrong.  Both are incorrect. .....

By @larat29296951

Did you update or reinstall CS6 before the restart that you mention ?

If so, did you use the original installer/updater that came with CS6, or the installer from Creative Cloud ?

There are two versions of CS6, one is from pre Creative Cloud, the other comes with Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines