• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator designs look blurry on Social media!! Please help

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i want to rasterize my illustrator design in Photoshop and upload the photo on Facebook,for example, it looks very blurry. I changed dpi and resolution and tried to solve this problem for days but nothing happened.

here is an example 

2020-07-20_00h56_47.jpg

so how to make my design looks good like other designs i see in Facebook knowing that there are amazing designs on this t-shirt mockup on web so i guess the problem is not in it

Thanks in advance : )

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

And when you are doing the same it looks like what?

It's just that: if it looks fine after exporting from Illustrator, then it's fine. Everything else is within Facebook's domain. We don't know what they are doing. You might want to ask some Social Media experts about how to optimize files for Facebook and most probably you'll be getting 5 different answers when asking 4 people.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPI (not DPI) is irrelevant. What matters is compression settings are total number of pixels. Facebook applies its own JPEG compression to images you upload. Meaning often there is nothing you can do, it’s just a function of Facebook sucking at everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply.

i upload my design to instgram and twitter too and i have the same result too but when i upload other designs which i downloaded or upload the jpg pic which came with this t-shirt mockup,they look very good. i do not know why?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color red works particularly bad with JPEG compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply.

i tried some other colors now after i saw your reply and the only color that worked is white but other colors were bad.

is there any way to make red color good on FB or instgram because 90% of  my design is red?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blurry images of the photographic type work best in JPEG. That's how the alogrithm was meant to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry Monika last question... how to put a text on a pic and be good on FB like this pic here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JIJvk3urBkv_DXsrQt9u4fu0_EOAR7SR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a screenshot from Facebook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And when you are doing the same it looks like what?

It's just that: if it looks fine after exporting from Illustrator, then it's fine. Everything else is within Facebook's domain. We don't know what they are doing. You might want to ask some Social Media experts about how to optimize files for Facebook and most probably you'll be getting 5 different answers when asking 4 people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines