• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator dialog always defaulting to Adobe PostScript file

Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance. Since the last few updates, every time I print something it defaults to Adobe PostScript file. It's very annoying because when I change it to my default printer, I still can't print, I have to select "Done", then print again and it will let me print. My default printer is set up in Windows, and every other program, including other Adobe programs, has no trouble at all. Is there some setting with Illustrator that has changed that I can change back?

TOPICS
Bug , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to set a Print Preset to use it. I think it will fix it.
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.40.12 PM.png
After selecting your printer and all settings are okay, Press here to save your own preset:
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.42.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the newest Illustrator update on a different system than I had two weeks ago. It is running the latest version of Windows 11 Pro. I have set the default print preset settings the same as on my previous computer, but for anything that used that printer on the other system, it opens with the custom PS printer preset. A new document will use the default, but none of the existing ones. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because the document works with the last setting you made. New documents start with the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines