• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator dimensioning tools with unlimited canvas

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the current non beta version of Illustrator FINALLY have the ability to have dimensioning tools (architectural style) while offering unlimited canvas sizing (not limited to 227.54 inches) ?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Nope. As of now, the drawing area is still limited.. And I'm not 100% sure what you mean by dimensioning tools, but I assume you mean something where you draw a line/shape/rectangle or whatever and you automatically get the dimensions of the shape labeled like this: 

CDGSX5_Tut06_Dimensioning_lines

If this is the case, I'm not aware of any native illustrator tools for doing this. I have heard people discuss how to achieve this effect on the scripting forum, but I don't know what the resolution was or whether somebody figured

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The long answer is not yet. They were discussing it a couple of years ago but no progress has been reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dang, Larry. You keep beating me to the punch today. haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. As of now, the drawing area is still limited.. And I'm not 100% sure what you mean by dimensioning tools, but I assume you mean something where you draw a line/shape/rectangle or whatever and you automatically get the dimensions of the shape labeled like this: 

CDGSX5_Tut06_Dimensioning_lines

If this is the case, I'm not aware of any native illustrator tools for doing this. I have heard people discuss how to achieve this effect on the scripting forum, but I don't know what the resolution was or whether somebody figured out how to do it.

As to the drawing area limitation.. it should be quite easy to just do your drawings at scale. use CM or MM in place of inches (depending on your needs). Since you'll likely be creating vector artwork, you needn't worry about the effects of scaling something up later.

But.. if your goal is to make architectural drawings.. you're much better off using a software designed for that purpose, IMO. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines