• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator displaying more fonts than I have installed on Windows!

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how this happened but suddenly Illustrator (Cloud) is showing thousands of fonts. While I do have a large collection of fonts on my hard drive I only have 425 fonts actually "installed". When I check windows for the number of installed fonts it shows 425, howerver in Illustrator it's showing every font in my not-installed collection!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to disable Illustrator from seeing these fonts? I don't even understand how it happened...

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Hi, I solved my problem. I had a program called "FontBase" installed and it must have changed how system fonts are displayed. I tried the program once and uninstalled it, but it must have left it's mark. I just reinstalled it, removed the location of my fonts from inside the app, rebooted and everything was back to normal. 

Stay away from FontBase I guess is the lesson here. While the fonts weren't installed, Illustrator thought they were. Sorry for the late update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screenshot of the complete panel with the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I solved my problem. I had a program called "FontBase" installed and it must have changed how system fonts are displayed. I tried the program once and uninstalled it, but it must have left it's mark. I just reinstalled it, removed the location of my fonts from inside the app, rebooted and everything was back to normal. 

Stay away from FontBase I guess is the lesson here. While the fonts weren't installed, Illustrator thought they were. Sorry for the late update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines