• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator does not detect compatible GPU when it should

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new Dell laptop has an AMD Radeon R7 GPU.  This should be compatible with Illustrator according to the Adobe website.  Both Windows and Illustrator detect the GPU, I have GPU zoom turned on, and I updated the drivers of the GPU, but Adobe Illustrator still says that I don't have a compatible GPU.  What's going on and how can I get illustrator to use my GPU? 

Graphics Card Not Detected.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhitinOhio,

Apart from an inadequate card and lack of driver updating, both ruled out, issues can be caused by lack of proper recognition of the card by the computer which may be the case here and worth investigating, and whatnot (including rifts in the space time, moon, weather, and the fact that Illy sometimes moves in mysterious ways).

Here are a few more pages about GPU troubleshooting:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/gpu-performance-errors-troubleshooting-workarounds.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists. If not, would you mind sharing a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Is the Graphic card driver upto date?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Regards,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buen dia, tengo el mismo problema y realice todo lo que se menciono anteriormente sin embargo el problema perciste .

tengo la ultima version de ilustrator

y AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola Estefany, lo has podido resolver finalmente?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @rsdfsdf 

Are you facing a similar problem in Illustrator? If yes, try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines