illustrator does not support Dropbox?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Illustrator 24.3 and am having a problem saving my .ai files to Dropbox. I am a long-time Dropbox user and have an excellent connection. All files upload/sync at hundreds of megabytes per second. However, since 24.3, when I save a .ai file from illustrator, it takes 10-30 minutes to upload, saying "waiting on sync." I can make a copy of this .ai file on Windows 10, and that copy syncs right away--it's only the .ai being saved directly by illustrator that is being delayed. I have tried terminating the illustrator program to see if it is holding onto the file status somehow, but that does not help.

I reported this in a chat session with the Adobe support today and they said that Adobe does not support Dropbox, pointing me to a statement https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html that says I have to use local files only (or, presumably, Adobe cloud).

Does anyone else have this problem? Any proposed solution? This is putting a significant crimp in my workflow.

TOPICS
Bug, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?