Highlighted

Illustrator dpi/ppp

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

j'aimerai travaillé avec Illsutrator en haute résolution.

Une hauteur de 190 mm sur 150 de large avec une résolution en 2540 dpi ou 1270 dpi.
La destination du projet est de l'illustration pour la texture 3D laser sur métal avec une définition de 0.001 mm.
Je n'arrive pas à configurer mon document avec la résolution souhaité.
Est ce possible ? 
Merci

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

I see what you mean - lines fall in between pixels and anti-aliasing causes problems.

I would create your document at the pixel size you need (7500 x 9500 in your original example, export at 72 ppi, then change the resolution in Photoshop (make sure Resample is off).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator dpi/ppp

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

j'aimerai travaillé avec Illsutrator en haute résolution.

Une hauteur de 190 mm sur 150 de large avec une résolution en 2540 dpi ou 1270 dpi.
La destination du projet est de l'illustration pour la texture 3D laser sur métal avec une définition de 0.001 mm.
Je n'arrive pas à configurer mon document avec la résolution souhaité.
Est ce possible ? 
Merci

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Doug A Roberts | Adobe Community Professional

I see what you mean - lines fall in between pixels and anti-aliasing causes problems.

I would create your document at the pixel size you need (7500 x 9500 in your original example, export at 72 ppi, then change the resolution in Photoshop (make sure Resample is off).

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator files are vectors, not pixels; they have no resolution. Or you could say they have infinite resolution. You an export to a raster format to whatever resolution you want, but I think that’s not what you want. I think you want to keep your design as vectors then print using the device’s printer driver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, the result should be a tiff file with a dimension in mm.
Ex 10 mm wide x 10 mm high, 1270 dpi or ppi.

My calculations are (1 x 1270) / 2.54 = 500
So 1 pixel = 0.002 mm

I would like to work in vectorial in illustrator but with a working plane of 150 mm x 190 or smaller 10x10 mm. And exported as a tiff file, with the same dimension and 1270 ppi / dpi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of file does your laser machine require?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Tiff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal is to make a Tiff image. With a resolution of 1270 PPi, with a 256 black and white tone.

The parameter of the document I am testing.

- personalized
- Width 10 mm
- Height 10 mm
- Bleed 0/0/0/0
- RGB color mode
-300 dpi pixelation effect
- Preview mode: default

The line width of my pen is on a 0.002 mm fat (1270 ppi = pixel 0.002 mm)
Line displacement of 0.006 mm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's not working exactly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustator takes into account my lines at 0.002 mm. But once the export in tiff at 1270 dpi. (see capture) The lines merged, there are no stripes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I had studied this trail. But I don't seem to have used 72 dpi and resampling was active it seems to me. In any case it works! I spent my day looking for the solution ...; )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Resources