• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator draw huge file hangs illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a transferred file from illustrator draw opened in illustrator. 4 or 5 layers only but with thousands paths. Filesize: 100mb.

if I try anything at all on even one layer to simplify the MacBook Pro or MacPro with 32gb hangs (pizza wheel) and we have to force quit.

plenty of free space on HDas well.

any suggestions short of rasterising in photoshop of how to manage the file, I would like to keep it as illustrator format so it can be scaled and used as part of a pattern repeat. 

thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator is it?

I suspect that there are lots of unnecessary paths? can you perhaps unite paths of same color?

Can you show this artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there are thousands of paths and normally I would just simplify but that won't work I have tried uniting but because of the way it was drawn in Draw (by a client) and she has trouble directly sharing it to the Desktop app, she saved it to Creative Cloud as PDF and I think that is, in part the problem as the layers are not coming in cleaning. 

here's a preview of the drawing: 

seahorse-for-pattern.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't she share the drawing with you, so you can then open it in Adobe Draw and send to your desktop?

I wouldn't try and edit all of those paths at once, but select only parts of it. Is the stacking order of the multiple colors always the same? That is: green below blue below black? (or the like?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines