Illustrator drop down menus not working

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the trial of Adobe Illustrator for the first time today. When I open the program, I cannot use ANY of the drop-down menus. When I click on them, the menu appears for a split second and then disappears. Which means I basically can't seem to use any functionality in the program. I tried "resetting my preferences" (though I shouldn't even have preferences since it's a fresh install) and unplugging my second monitor, but the problem persists. It also seems slow and laggy to respond, with my cursor perpetually showing the blue "loading ring." I am using Windows 10. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Which graphic cards?

Which monitors? Is one of them a graphic tablet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure I said Windows 10 in the post. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060. One 144Hz monitor and one regular monitor, not sure what a graphic tablet is but I don't have one. I'm not an illustrator, I just wanted to be able to open a file I was sent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NVIDIA 1060 is a whole issue of its own. It's not on the list of supported cards: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

But can you try and disconnect one monitor and check it it works?

Also exchanging which is the main monitor might help.

Sorry, I did not notice the system mention.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines