Illustrator Error "Photoshop File could not be Saved" upon exporting file

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a problem exporting AI files out to Photoshop... was fine until recent update it now won't let me export the Illustrator file out as PSD no matter what DPI I put it as... I haven't changed any preferences or settings

I've been importing from Illustrator Draw, editing in Illustrator and then exporting as PSD to Photoshop for the last 12 months no problem until today

now I am getting  an error message "Photoshop File could not be saved"!

I've reinstalled Illustrator twice now, changed the folder, checked the settings (I've not changed the settings in the last two days since I last successfully exported it out as PSD file) and nothing I do means I can export the files out anymore

Windows 10 PC based laptop 16gb ram - Ryzen 7 cpu -2gb Radeon X Vega GPU

Illustrator version 25.1

Photoshop version 22.1.1

fully up to date

Help Please!!!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to clarify....   when i say I have "changed folder(s)" - to iterate I've tried changing the folders when saving the AI and PSD files  (to ensure they are not in the same folder) - I have not changed the folders where the program files are installed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you turn off "Export in Background" in the preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does it happen with a specific file?

Would it be possible for you to share a sample file with us? You may upload the file on Creative Cloud(or any cloud storage you prefer) & share the link with us.

This'll help us look into it better & assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines