• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator export to Solidworks

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a logo in Illustrator and I'm trying to export it to a format Solidworks will read correctly. When I export as DXF Solidworks interprets all the smooth, bezier curves as short, straight splines to form the curves which makes using our laser cutters and routers nearly impossible.

I'm hoping there's a format or a group of settings in the export that will render a curve as a curve and not as a series of short splines forming a curve.

I've given them DXF and AI in several different flavors and none seem to work.

Thoughts?

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really. I didn't see anything in it that lit a light bulb in my head. The only difference was saving it to a 2010/11/12 version of DXF and the resulting file still would not open properly in Solidworks.

We were able to take the DXF and use it in our laser engraver but that has nothing to do with Solidworks.

Given that, it seems obvious the problem is Solidworks and not Illustrator. Weird, I know... not Adobe's fault... Well, to be fair, that's just a guess. It could still be their fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines