Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Exporting Area of Hidden Objects When Exporting To PNG

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue with illustrator when exporting some artwork to png. My AI file has several pieces of artwork in one file. I used to be able to hide all of the artwork I did not want exported, and then export the remaining work to png with no problem. Now when I hide all the unwanted artwork and then export the desired piece to png, the png exports the desired artwork along with the empty space where the hidden artwork is. I hope my explanation makes sense, but does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue sounds similar to this thread. Maybe the attached script will work for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/quot-save-for-web-legacy-quot-no-longer-clips-to-visible-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you suing save for web, or export to png. Edit your artbaord to fit slected art, there si a command in the preets. Check use artboards.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 5.30.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 5.28.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines