Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Extremely Slow Since Update

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I recently did the Illustrator update and all of a sudden the program is EXTREMELY slow and unbearable. My desktop mac is only about 2 months old, and the issue does not occur with any other program I run. I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks a million.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advocate , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Try resetting your preferences. 

1. Exit the application

2. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Adobe Software. You may be prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created when you start the application.

I am running the newest Mac operating system and the newest version of Adobe with no issues. Is there other things running (background processing can use the CPUs)? What does your Apple Activities app show for CP

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I kind of feel a bit dumb. I tried everything you said, nothing seemed to work, and then I tried to work with a different file and there were no issues.  Obviously the one I have been working on is lagging because it is a bigger file size, I had just never experienced that ever! 

Thank you again for your help, these are great to keep in mind in case something happens further down the line! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences. 

1. Exit the application

2. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Adobe Software. You may be prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created when you start the application.

I am running the newest Mac operating system and the newest version of Adobe with no issues. Is there other things running (background processing can use the CPUs)? What does your Apple Activities app show for CPU usage?

Also check these things:

1. Does the issue happen under another user (create a new user for your computer to check. You can delete it once you are done). If it does not happen, it is the preferences. If it does happen it is something else.

2. Download the current version on another system. See if it is running well there. If it is not then it is the application more than likely (with maybe specific hardware). 

3. You can always download the previous version and see if it works.

Just FYI. I am having a problem with my Creative Cloud when I update. I may have to uninstall it all then use the Adobe Cleaner then reinstall the Cloud and then all my applications. I am hoping a reset on my CC preferences will fix it but this is an ongoing problem for this one system. I am telling you this because it all else fails it really is a reinstall after using the Adobe Cleaner: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I kind of feel a bit dumb. I tried everything you said, nothing seemed to work, and then I tried to work with a different file and there were no issues.  Obviously the one I have been working on is lagging because it is a bigger file size, I had just never experienced that ever! 

Thank you again for your help, these are great to keep in mind in case something happens further down the line! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines