• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator file not responding when extracting or highlighting components on my laptop.

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all. I am having a lot of trouble extracting linework from this particular file (14,600 KB) from an old friend of mine. I have no problem opening up a file 8x the size on my laptop, but for some reason, this file reached its limit on my laptop in what actions I can perform with it. The file stops responding and I have to force quit whenever I do the following actions: -highlighting components in the art, -saving the file

, -scaling portions of the art, -zooming in and out. I cannot determine if there were brush strokes used in the heavier parts of the work because of this. There are no embedded images from what I can tell from afar. As I've been working on trying to remove elements hoping to magically make the file work for two hours, the lines are somehow too complex to process for my laptop. Is anyone able to help me extract these individual drawings between the dotted lines on their computer and resend them on separate ai files? Help will be very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can ask them for the source file. This is not an Illustrator pdf (PDF producer: iLovePDF )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source file is unfortunately gone. It was from a little while back in 2018. I just don't understand why the file is consistently crashing the program when it's a relatively smaller file than what I am used to working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe because it is too complex:

Paths: 924456 (924451 open, 5 closed, 2172474 points, length = 179608,683 mm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines