Highlighted

Illustrator file preview bug?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create many designs in one illustrator files with many artboards and then save them individually by selecting "Save each artboard to a seperate file".

Like, say one main file have 20 artboards after exporting it saves as 20 seperate illustrator files.

The issue is that in windows explorer when I click any one individual file(not opening them) the windows preview shows all the 20 artboards and when I open the file, I see only one design.

Is this any bug? how can I resolve it?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator file preview bug?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create many designs in one illustrator files with many artboards and then save them individually by selecting "Save each artboard to a seperate file".

Like, say one main file have 20 artboards after exporting it saves as 20 seperate illustrator files.

The issue is that in windows explorer when I click any one individual file(not opening them) the windows preview shows all the 20 artboards and when I open the file, I see only one design.

Is this any bug? how can I resolve it?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal behavior. The preview is derived from the main document and unless you open the individual docs and re-save them, it doesn't get replaced/ updated. Inconvenient for sure. Maybe it will change at some point. untiul that happens simply use Bridge.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
StarAG_ LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

This is not good as it creates so many issues while working in bulk. Bridge is an option but its a bit lengthy process to go back and forth again and again.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Resources