Highlighted

Illustrator files corrupt with text missing - 24.2.1.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urgent help/advice request. I'm quite new to Illustrator so please excuse me if I've done something obviously wrong. Two weeks ago I created several files in Illustrator without any issues but when I've tried to open them this morning most of the text is missing despite showing in the layers and the file now appears corrupt. I also can't save the file down as a new name as it's saying 'an unknown error has occurred'. 

Thinking it may be a font issue when I view 'Type' - 'Find font' the box here also appears corrupt as now none of the options appear in this pop-up unless I move my mouse over them (see screen grab attached). Is this an Adobe issue or an Apple issue? Interestingly (for me), I can open the file okay on a separate laptop that runs the same version of Illustrator and is the MacOS Catalina version 10.15.4, whilst the computer I'm having the problems on is OS 10.15.5.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator files corrupt with text missing - 24.2.1.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urgent help/advice request. I'm quite new to Illustrator so please excuse me if I've done something obviously wrong. Two weeks ago I created several files in Illustrator without any issues but when I've tried to open them this morning most of the text is missing despite showing in the layers and the file now appears corrupt. I also can't save the file down as a new name as it's saying 'an unknown error has occurred'. 

Thinking it may be a font issue when I view 'Type' - 'Find font' the box here also appears corrupt as now none of the options appear in this pop-up unless I move my mouse over them (see screen grab attached). Is this an Adobe issue or an Apple issue? Interestingly (for me), I can open the file okay on a separate laptop that runs the same version of Illustrator and is the MacOS Catalina version 10.15.4, whilst the computer I'm having the problems on is OS 10.15.5.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try if resetting the Illustrator preferences helps with the dialog box:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

As for the files: exactly where did you save them and can you please show a screenshot or the corrupted things?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0