Illustrator Files not saving with most recent edits

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Last week I put together a few yard signs for work and received an email from a coworker who wanted a few edits made to the signs, but when I went to open up my project file to make the edits it had reverted to an older version of the project? I had saved PDF versions of the yard sign designs that I showed to my coworker and that showed the most recent version, but the AI project file does not. I ended up going back in and redoing all of the text elements and saving both the AI file as well as a new PDF file of the updated sign designs, but again the AI file did not save with my updates and went back to the old version of the file. I have not had this issue until today, my files were saving just fine last week and any time beforehand. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and disable "Save in background" in the preferences.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines