• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Fonts Showing up as Unavailable

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a student, and I've been using Adobe Illustrator through my school acount for the past several months, and over that time I've downloaded quite a few fonts through Adobe Fonts. Just today I was working on a project in which I used some newly downloaded/activated fonts and some old ones as well. I stepped away for a little while and when I came back, there was a pink highlight around all of my text (across several other documents as well - I opened past ones to see if this was a recurring problem, and it seemed like it was) and a message saying "The document uses fonts that are currently not available on your computer." There's a little box that was below the message that allowed me to reactivate the fonts that I was apparently missing, but the checkbox wouldn't work. I closed and reopened the documents and the same problem kept occuring. I finally decided to check the Adobe Fonts website to see if the fonts were straight up removed, but there they were. However, this time there was a prompt that said "this font isn't included with your plan," even though I've been using some of these fonts for the past few months... I have no clue what's going on (and I'm a little frustrated), and if someone could please help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks 🙂

CONNER5FCF_0-1616622012808.png

CONNER5FCF_1-1616622042470.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

The forum can't answer your account issues. We have no access to account data, so we can't know if Fonts are a part of it or not.

Are the fonts not working in Illustrator or other applications as well?

Which fonts are they? Is it all fonts or just some?

Do you use font management?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Adobe recently lost licensing agreements with several font foundries, check if yours was one of them: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/using/removed-fonts.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try if logging out and then logging into your account helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem with 8 of our 9 individual subscriptions (one-year, Creative Cloud). It's not an Illustrator problem, it's a subscription problem. Hours of chatting with Adobe (with the same advises as Monika Gause like logging in and out) did not bring a solution. It seems like the subscription suddenly changed to an educational subscriptions (my opinion). But Adobe can't help or change it. Anyone else the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum can't answer your account issues. We have no access to account data, so we can't know if Fonts are a part of it or not.

Are the fonts not working in Illustrator or other applications as well?

Which fonts are they? Is it all fonts or just some?

Do you use font management?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recently lost licensing agreements with several font foundries, check if yours was one of them: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/using/removed-fonts.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I hope your issue is resolved now. In addition to suggestions given earlier, you may also try troubleshooting steps given on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html). Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines