• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator for iPad

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe create an illustrator App for iPad that includes all the same functions and features as the regular application?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Hi Sierras,

I have to be honest, It's highly unlikely that this will ever happen. Its 2 different user experiences. This is why Adobe have created Adobe Draw to bridge that gap between tablet and desktop. As Jonathan says above its actually really good and you can send your designs directly to an open version of Adobe Illustrator on your Mac or PC (I think you can on PC).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Adobe illustrator for the iPad is in a beta process. They announced it at adobe max during the keynote session. No idea when it is going to be available to the general audience but for now we hav3 a group of testers. I am going to have an adobe user group meeting soon to feature the illustrator iPad. Follow adobe illustrator users group  la on facebook and you will see the announcement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please discuss all things Draw over there: Adobe Illustrator Draw (mobile app)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done serious research on which type of work works on an iPad and which not. Heavy user applications like Photoshop and Illustrator on an iPad is useless. Even when using the Apple pencil, there are many situations where the ipad is unworkable. Further, people who are working in Illustrator all day, and should do that on an ipad will have neck strain and rsi within days. You really have to work with a screen in front of you with your hand on the desk to be able to work 8 hours a day.

I have heard that Photoshop is releasing Full Photoshop for the iPad shortly. Cool for when you want to do a quick edit. But for serious professionals there is no way the iPad will replace the desktop computer. Then, companies have their own file server infastructure. The iPad is a cloud based tablet which most of the time is hardly compatible with the server architecture of the company making the ipad an unworkable device.

Adobe created small apps to be able to create prepared work, to continue later on the desktop. As soon as you want to paint by hand (Apple pencil), then the apps are extremely useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe illustrator for the iPad is in a beta process. They announced it at adobe max during the keynote session. No idea when it is going to be available to the general audience but for now we hav3 a group of testers. I am going to have an adobe user group meeting soon to feature the illustrator iPad. Follow adobe illustrator users group  la on facebook and you will see the announcement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They sure did! I can't wait! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before anyone gets too excited, for Photoshop on iPad it took more than a year from the first announcement to availability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for early access, but now I can't even use it - I am not able to pay for the in-app purchase. I'm so confused by this. Do I have to pay for the all-apps plan in order to use Illustrator for iPad? I'm already paying for the photography plan. Can someone please advise? I can't find any information on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ask questions about the prerelease through the proper channels, not here in public. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had not realized - but I'm happy to see - that Illustrator for iPad was released today. This means that the purchased app can now be discussed in public, and has its own forum. https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-for-the-ipad/bd-p/illustrator-for-the-ipad

(Please don't discuss the early access/ beta programs publicly without first checking whether this is allowed).

Since it is released, you will need to subscribe. First glance seems to show that it is included in the All Apps subscription ($50/month, yearly commitment) and the Illustrator subscription ($21/month, yearly commitment). For sure, it won't be included in the Photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is dated because illustrator has been successfully ported to the iPad Pro this year and works great with the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines