• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator freeze on copy, taking long time to open SVG file

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing a lot of problems when working with SVG file. The IDs rename by themselves. If I copy an object in the file, the illustrator UI freezes temporarily for about 10 minutes. 

No crashes though, but it gives a hard time to work on a simple SVG file.

Even saving the file take a lot of time. There are good lot of objects in the file but that does not mean the software would stop responding.

I opened the same file in Inkscape and it works smoothly.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mandeep,

Apologies for the delayed response. We are sorry to hear about your experience with SVG file handling within Illustrator. Would you mind sharing version of Illustrator and OS? Are these SVG files saved on a network or local drive?
Please try creating a new user account on the machine and see how Illustrator is working there with SVG files. You may take help from below articles:

For Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

For Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Ashutosh.

The files are saved on the local disk. The illustrator is the most recent as updated from the CC app.

I have used this on another system, there also it was the same problem with the version. The file was originally created in version 15. There it didn't show any issues. But when working in this. It created a lot of problems.

Anyways, I have skipped to an open-source software which seems more robust and responsive. Plus it's Free. The issue of naming the SVG Layers which I was facing in Illustrator is also solved there and is much better.

I cannot make the work suffer due to a software issue, but thanks to this problem I found a better software for my requirement. You would need to create a lot of objects in Illustrator, make a lot of groups of them I have like 500 groups in my file. each group on an avg. contains about 7 objects. so I think you can tell your testing team for such a scenario and try to replicate the same.

And I am using the latest version of Windows 10 as when the issue was created and when writing this post.

Regards
Mandeep Singh Bawa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines