Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Freezes/Crashes on Windows 10 with GPU performance

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've ran a couple different version of Illustrator (23.1, 24.0, 24.1) on my HP Spectre x360 which I've had since October of 2019. I've had a recurring problem with the software crashing when I enable GPU performance in the preference panel. I am able to use Illustrator with this setting activated for a little bit, and then it eventually freezes and crashes my computer.

My PC is operating on Windows 10 Version 1903, 16.0 GB RAM, with an Intel Core i7-8565U processor and an NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (Driver version 445.75).

It's quitre frustrating because the GPU is clearly recognized as compatible by Illustrator in the preferences panel and the app works well for that limited amount of time, but then it suddenly freezes and my computer crashes.

I have tried with different versions of Illustrator as listed above, I've updated my GPU drivers, and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled both Illustrator and Creative Cloud.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

(for reference, what i see and understand as my graphics card being recognized, hence my confusion with the apparent dysfunctionality)

tmv2_0-1587445504790.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines