Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Freezing Problem

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Illustrator temporarily freezes when working and saving some files. It does not hapen with every file and doesnt appear to be typeface, file size, file format, save location, cache, graphics cards or updates. I use two monitors and unplugging one temporarily helped  the issue, only for it to return the next day. The issue is isolated to Illustrator because Photoshop and all other applications run without a problem at all. I have also tried reinstalling the program and restoring the default preference without any success. I would appreciate other solutions or suggestions. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illustrator/td-p/11561981) & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear. so there must be something in else in this fileā€¦ā€¦ Placed Images/Files? TT/PS or OT Fonts?

Ā«Some FilesĀ» = what? EPS/AI, what version of AI exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes they are very simple files, other times they are very complicated files. Ususally no images, tried with outlined fonts and no fonts, many different file types have also been tried. It's not a file specific issue, it's an illustrator issue.  Have mainly been using AI 25.2 but I have also tried using 25.1 with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh,

The link simply brought me to this same thread. Did you post the wrong link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like I did paste the wrong link. Apologies.

I have updated the correct link. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines