• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ILLUSTRATOR FROZE (and I didn't save my work)

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOS HELP NEEDED!

I don't know if this ever happened to any of you but...

After 4 hours of working in illustrator on a project, the program suddenly, completely out of nowhere, froze. I can't zoom in on my touchpad, can't insert any shapes, nothing... Of course, normally I would force quit the whole thing or restart my preferences. However, I made a huge mistake of not saving my work and would lose the whole project. 

This could be a computer problem but I've been using illustrator on my Mac forever and never had this issue. I have the latest version of Adobe illustrator.

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 23.59.26.png

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I don't want to lose my 4 hours worth of work. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

For me it sometimes does this when the Finder is busy searching the entworked fileservers or disconnecting them.

Anything like that running?

Any other applications running that might just keep the computer completely busy?

Try and close everything else and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it sometimes does this when the Finder is busy searching the entworked fileservers or disconnecting them.

Anything like that running?

Any other applications running that might just keep the computer completely busy?

Try and close everything else and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the force quit menu say that Illustrator is not responding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines