Highlighted

Illustrator giving memory error

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID: -108 is the message I get when the error pops up, that Illustrator does not have enough memory to complete the task. 

What I am doing is creating an offset path on an object so that I can create a die cut for a sticker. After creating the offset path, I then need to merge in pathfinder (unite). While it's merging, it takes sooooo long - like minutes long. Then, after so much time, I get the error.

PLEASE HELP!!! 

I have already: 

updated the OS

updated AI

Returned AI to default setting

What else can I try?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator giving memory error

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID: -108 is the message I get when the error pops up, that Illustrator does not have enough memory to complete the task. 

What I am doing is creating an offset path on an object so that I can create a die cut for a sticker. After creating the offset path, I then need to merge in pathfinder (unite). While it's merging, it takes sooooo long - like minutes long. Then, after so much time, I get the error.

PLEASE HELP!!! 

I have already: 

updated the OS

updated AI

Returned AI to default setting

What else can I try?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a complex file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Resources