• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator goes compeltely white when importing an image at 1080p and above

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an appliement for a school and, for whatever reason, whenever I am importing an HD image in my document, everything turns white, as if a giant white layer was placed above everything, and of course the image is nowhere to be seen, not even in my layers !

Help please 🙂

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where was the image made?

What file format? Does saving the image in another file format help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are as normal as they could get, simply PNG, exported from various places but mostly After Effects (as it's images of my work), and the problem seems to be persistant accross file formats. So far I can import images at 1079p but not the evil 1080p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which versions you use, but there were some problems in the past with png files from After Effects.

Does resaving as psd in Photoshop work?

If not can you share such a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ai CC 2018, there wasn't any problem with the PNGs and never any problem when using them elsewhere.

Resaving doesn't fix it, there really is only rescaling that seems to work. Here is a download link to the file, thanks again for your attention even if I still have the problem ! 

https://fromsmash.com/Prismals-WIP-portfolio-file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file complains about missing images.

Could you just share a problem png?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure : https://fromsmash.com/Problematic-PNG-example

This is one of many problematic PNGs, there is a lower resolution equivalent in the project but I'd like to find a solution to avoid rescaling like 50 images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resaving as .psd solves the problem.

Looks like this old bug:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/20541565-png-files-rend...

Can you update your applications to the current versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh alright, seems like I'll spend some time doing it lol

I can and will, thank you very much sir !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK glad I could help. If you have lots of these images to convert, you can record an action or use Photoshops File > Scripts > Image Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having same issues in 2023, just a simple JPG and nada, imports as white and is invisible, doesn't matter what document color settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines