• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator greyed "reset" for workspace

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start up both illustrator 2019 and 2020, the workspace has no tools or any window panels. When I try and reset my workspace the option is greyed out. If I go windows>tools I can get a tool bar but it resets everytime I quit illustrator. I also cant change my workspace mode - it feels like I am missing the worspace feature... Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the llustrator forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there might be issues with your preferences. How to reset them:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I tried that - it didn't work, so I carried on working on my design and when I oppened an old folder, the work space for that file was back to normal and when I restarted illustrator I could reset my workspace again. I'm not sure the cause or the solution, but maybe there was a bug and loading the old file somehow fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, THIS did the trick. I wasn't feeling like reseting all prefferences. I think accidentally telling Windows to shut down without quiting AI messed up something between the prefs and the file I was working on (of course, that was the first file I tried to open when got back to work). I opened an old file like you said, then closed both files... and voila!... pannel workspaces and reset got enabled again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Want to add a comment to bump this up in the algorithm and after trying a bunch of other things this seems to have finally fixed the issue for me!  Will Illustrator completely closed, I opened an old file and my tools were back and seem to be working again.  Thank you!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines