• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator hangs opening new/old files

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This is a relatively new issue I've had with Illustrator. I can't create new files or open old files in Illustrator 2020 (24.3). It just endlessly hangs.

I'm using a MAC pro (late 2013) on Mojave with an AMD FirePro D500 graphics card.

Illustrator is 2020- version 24.3.

I've tried re-installing Illustrator (24 and 25) and resetting preferences. Everything works normally when GPU is turned off; is there a solution to be able to turn this back on? This is a work account so performance means a lot.

I've tried to create a new administrative user account to see if its a problem with the internal hardware- and files seem to open/are created normally. I would just switch to the new account, but this is a work computer and I can't easily switch everything. 

Any thoughts or solutions?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reset and re-added the default printer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it works OK in your new account, but doesn't work in the old one?

Does it perhaps work better when you reset the Illustrator preferences? (Rename the preferences folder to try that out) https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Where do you save the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does- but for work reasons I can't switch to a new account.

I've tried resetting preferences without any luck. I save files on a file server (not on my computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it get better when you save files on your computer?

Illustrator has known issues with file handling over networks.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

User accounts might completely go corrupt unfortunately. So in the end it's possible that you have to bite the bullet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't look like saving to the computer helped. I'll have to check into getting everything switched over eventually. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines