• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator has stopped opening files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone from randomly crashing to now I cannot OPEN or CREATE files in Illustrator. Goes to non-responsive with the spinning pinwheel. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Running:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

No printer attached. Files are all located locally on the computer's hard drive. 

And all my Adobe products stopped opening at this point. 

After about an hour with an Adobe tech working on my computer, he determined that my mac user profile (the one you log into your computer with) was corrupt - so I need to create another user on my computer and that will fix it. So I will be spending a day transferring all my files, logins, software, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a printer attached, turned on and set up as the default printer? Is the printer driver up to date?

Are all other printers (that are no longer present) deinstalled?

Where are your files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No printer attached. Files are all located locally on the computer's hard drive. 

And all my Adobe products stopped opening at this point. 

After about an hour with an Adobe tech working on my computer, he determined that my mac user profile (the one you log into your computer with) was corrupt - so I need to create another user on my computer and that will fix it. So I will be spending a day transferring all my files, logins, software, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines