• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator high CPU and memory usage

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start working on a simple logo file in AI, it gets slower and slower. Finally even a small movement of the item takes some minutes... What is it???

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS & AI version. What is the file size.

There was an issue like this with older versions of Illustrator, but newer versions strip out the code that grows exponentially. You may also be on windows and some viruses attach themesleves to your processing while ai is working. Please supply more info as there are many reasons and we can narrow down. 

Illustrator Slow On Win

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-windows.html

Illustrator Slow On Mac

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,
I work on a Macbook air 2018, with the following features

of course, I have the latest Version of AI:

But still the work is not possible with AI: Toooo slow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version Catalina, Big Sur? 

OOBE RESET MAC

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  • /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  • The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions to access it.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
  • Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.
  •  
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
  • Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

I am sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the question asked by @Mike_Gondek, I would request you to share some more information like: 

• Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?  

Along with the suggestions shared above by @Mike_Gondek, would you mind trying the steps in this article ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu... ) and share your observations with us. I hope this helps. 

I am looking forward to your response. 

Thanks & Regards, 
Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines