Highlighted

illustrator how to use the feet to realize the selected item into a cut

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator how to use the feet to achieve the selected item into a clipping mask, you can select multiple  thank you very much

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

illustrator how to use the feet to realize the selected item into a cut

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator how to use the feet to achieve the selected item into a clipping mask, you can select multiple  thank you very much

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not much clear with your question, but if you can provide some more information that will be great. To make selected item as a clipping mask via script you can you following command

app.executeMenuCommand('makeMask')

When you say there more items can be selected, that required more information from your side. The above command will create a clipping mask of the selected item. Make sure you slect only those items from which you want to make clipping mask.

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, please see the GIF illustrationExplanationExplanation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explanation2Explanation2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you are doing here. I suppose, you are planning to automate the complete process. The question that you have asked to create a clip mask, the above code will work to create a clipping mask of selected item. But to automate the complete process required alot of task, including to create a workflow and writing complete code for that workflow. In complete process, you are moving items from one layer to another, copying, aligning and doing lots of stuff. I remember I have created one plugin for one client to do same stuff. If you have any idead about javascript, may be you can try writing code and start implementing things and come up with you code if you stuck somewhere.

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the animation shows a lot of activity, but I'm still not sure what you want to achieve.

Can you try to explain your task in plain words, but as detailed as possible?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0