Copied

iMac Specs:

• iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
  • 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
  • Radeon Pro 570 4096 MB
  • Mac OS 10.13.4
  • Illustrator 22.1.0

Illustrator is very slow, especially GPU zoom, turning off GPU performance makes things 10x worse, when can we expect you to optimize the software? My lower specced windows machine was running illustrator faster! Adobe please fix this, anyone else having the same problem? I already tried resetting the preferences, reinstalling, installing previous versions, installing illustrator cc on a new account, nothing helps. Hope this gets fixed ASAP

I attached a video showcasing the problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

matukes91429209  schrieb

hi, someone found the solution to this problem? I have an iMac 5K Middle 2018 27 "and not even the latest version of Illustrator works well.

Please contact Customer Care:

Contact Customer Care

They can log into your system, we can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have recently updated Illustrator to CC 2018 but have retained your previous preference files then that may be the cause of your slow performance. It has proven to be the case for many users. To read more about this and what to do about it please see: CC 2018 Illustrator—Don't Import previous settings and preferences .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest version of illustrator has been installed as soon as I took the computer out of the box, haven't updated because it's 2-3 weeks old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it always run slow or just today?

Illustrator was crawling for me today, and resetting preferences did nothing. Quitting Firefox, restarting my computer, and running disk utility (Mac only) got me up and running again and back up to speed.

My Mac is only a few months old, not much older than yours.

You might try some or all of what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running slow from the beginning, what mac are you using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell computer and Windows system, my Illustrator has just suddenly in the past week become frustratingly slow. Very small vector files take forever to save or export as PDF, I literally have to find something else to do while it's saving otherwise I waste time and will go insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have found a temporary solution, the problem is adobe's poor optimization for HiDPi scaling on Mac, right click the program -> get info -> check "open in lower resolution" Has seemed to fix it, but text and the interface isnt as sharp as before. Adobe please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, someone found the solution to this problem? I have an iMac 5K Middle 2018 27 "and not even the latest version of Illustrator works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matukes91429209  schrieb

Please contact Customer Care:

Contact Customer Care

They can log into your system, we can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was marked as solved, so what's the answer? How does one person contacting customer support help the rest of us with the exact same situation? What did customer support do to fix the problem, if anything?

I have an Imac 5k, brand new, brand new illustrator installed, completely unusable. Takes 6 seconds or more to make a point with the beizer pen tool, dropdowns menues take several seconds to appear, etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a different version, so you have a different problem. Just contact Customer Care as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator is incompatible on 5K screens, you work very slowly, you contract, you wait in front of it. If the Adobe team installs ai cc with Imac 5K and tries it, they will see the problem. But they persistently ignore this problem and the complaints. I repeat, the ai cc is problematic on 5K displays. 2020 imac 5K has serious performance problems with all computers, if you want 128 gb ram, 32 gb graphics card, it will still run very very slow. You can see the difference by installing the application called QuickRes and choosing 2560x1440 non-HiDPI resolution instead of 2560x1440 HiDPI.When HiDPI is active, it slows down as if using ai cc virtual machine ... If you cannot get 5K imac, I can borrow it ... Hear my voice adobe ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines