Highlighted

Illustrator/Indesign not working on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Today I installed Illustrator and Indesign on my Surface Laptop 3 with the ryzen processor. But when trying to use the programs they just stop working.

When I try to launch Indesign the program stops at the splash screen saying “starting up service registry”

And Illustrator does launch but gets stuck when I try to create a new file or open an existing file.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I already installed and re installed the programs.

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Activation billing and install, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator/Indesign not working on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Today I installed Illustrator and Indesign on my Surface Laptop 3 with the ryzen processor. But when trying to use the programs they just stop working.

When I try to launch Indesign the program stops at the splash screen saying “starting up service registry”

And Illustrator does launch but gets stuck when I try to create a new file or open an existing file.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I already installed and re installed the programs.

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Activation billing and install, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please detail some spec of that machine? Thanks.

Storage capacity of SSD:

Free storage space:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help.

I'd recommend updating the Windows and GPU driver to the latest version. You may also try creating a new user account(https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...) on the machine and see if you are able to work on the apps there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, we have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines