• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is Crashing

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is crashing this morning, both before the most recent update and afterwards.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well.  Same issue.  Sometimes, the app opens and I can click on a file.  But as the file appears to be opening, the app fails and closes.  Or, I can click to open the app, and it starts loading, but then just closes.  I use the app daily for work and am now unable to work until this is resolved.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Win 10 PC, was running 25.2.1, then updated to 25.2.3.  I keep getting this error repeatedly, then Illustrator will crash before opening up.

sjhodel_0-1619793308014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried uninstalling the latest update and going back to 25.2.1, but still getting the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue since 25.2.2. and now 25.2.3

AI is crashing when I tried to go in menu bar, or ALT

If I work only with shortcuts or board panel, AI works fine.

25.2.1 was ok

I'm working with 24.3 awaiting solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 24.3 and everything seems to be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on a chat with support for a VERY long time today and they asked to screen share. They were gone at that point (after I shared).  Now I am worried I should not have shared access.  I'm hoping that is not an added issue, that someone is in my computer.  Ugh.  What a day.  Let me know if you have any further issues while working in the earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed version 24.3 as well and it's not able to open the files I was working on all day yesterday.  The same thing happens as the most up to date version: I click to open the file, it tries and then Illustrator just closes.  I will start over on my work and hope this does not happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using the Adobe Cleaner tool, and that did the trick.  I lost all my preferences, etc, but at least I have a workable Illustrator (25.2.3) that seems to be crashing very little now.  It seems weird the update from 25.2.1 would have caused this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the cleaner too.  I'm back to using V24.3 without any issues for now.  I spent four hours trying different things the other day and I had to get back to work!  Giving up for now on the fix.  Thank you for writing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting crashing with 25.2.3.  Not as much as before, but still way too often.  I get crashes when accessing graphics from CC Library.  Very consistently crashes there.  25.2.3 specifically calls that out as being fixed....it is not.  Back to 24.3 so I can get work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Please try the suggestions shared in this help article ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html ) and let us know how it goes. If you need help following these steps, please take look at my response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24...).

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link.  I went through the steps with support without success.  So, I'm happily using 24.3 without any issues to report.  I will try upgrading some other time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to illustrator 25.2.3 I got the error "Illustrator does not work error [SExi]

i just had to keep hitting enter, it attempted to load and crashed.  Rebooted PC and got mps export plugin error, Illustrator runs scans, goes into safe mode.

No idea how to fix it, so I stepped back to the older version.

PC Running Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We have already raised this issue to the team and they're working on it. I would request you all to submit the crash logs by following the steps shared on this link ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html ).

While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 

Once done, try the steps suggested on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and share your observations with us. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines