• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is not exporting all artwork on the artboard to jpeg

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had this happen? I'm creating a super simple animated gif. I created my art in AI, each artboard is a duplicate of the previous artboard. All art is visbibe on my artboards. No layers. No art has any effects (opacity, multiply)- when it exports, AI is failing to export all of the artwork on the artboard. 

Anyone know what might be up?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Heya! I just had this problem too.

It turned out to be Overprint was checked on some elements. (NO idea how.)

Just check and uncheck the Overprint box(es) in the Attributes Window [Ctrl+11].

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show something.

Contents of the layers panel are important as well. Perhaps the layers are set to non-printing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika 🙂

I have not modified any layer preferences. 

Below are two exported artboards. 19 is a  drag + duplicate of 18. You can see that all the artwork is visible on all of the artboard.s (1819.jpg) but when exported to jpeg, random items go missing. I literally selected the artboard tool to duplicate the previous artboard. This happens sucessfully. I modified some text, which exported correctly. 

Here is a shot of the layer. Everything is visbible- which I would expect because this is all one layer, and the subgroups have not been modified. Its just these few artboards where content disappears. My export method was "export to jepg" artboards selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, sometimes its faster to find a work around.

Would try saving as a jpeg/gif instead of exporting. Also if the images used have a clipping mask or a translucent background, this can cause an issue. Example the logo top left, if it is a photo trace with clipping mask sometimes this can create an issue when saving as photo/jpeg that already has many paths. All else fails take all the layers (in a saved copy ) that are not used and combine / simplify the artwork as much as possible. Been a long time since I made an animated gif ( like 20yrs *-*), but back in the day each element was saved individually ( example rollover image separate than non active component) and put together in the respective program (dreamworks/fireworks). Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JuliaTM1,

There is really nothing to simplify 🙂 Everything is on one later, exporting to jpeg correctly on 15 artboards and not on 2. The 2 are literal duplications of the previous. All vector, outlined type, no masks or compund objects, no effects. Save as jpeg is not (I dont know that it ever was) an option. Do you reco a different export option?  I think thats what you mean...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right,  no "save as" option to save for jpg. was thinking export for web option (screen shot attached). Could always try copying contents of the layer not previewing into a new document and pasting back into original document in a new layer. Thats all I got- hope this may help - good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's the white items that go missing?

Can you check over printing in the Attributes panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, The white box in artbaord 19 is missing content. The intent is that 19 should look almost identical to artboard 18, with a minor change in kearing in the "psst" text.  No change with the overprinting...:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's incredibly difficult to compare your screenshots, because you need to open them one by one and remember what's in them. Please embed them in your posts and mark what to watch out for. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, 

I'm not sure I understand why some artboards would export with all the content and not others. However, I did ungroup any grouped elements in the file. This appears to have solved the problem and now all the content exports correctly. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya! I just had this problem too.

It turned out to be Overprint was checked on some elements. (NO idea how.)

Just check and uncheck the Overprint box(es) in the Attributes Window [Ctrl+11].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Lizzy! Almost 2 years later and your answer is still saving designers from hours of wtf hysteria. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines