Highlighted

Illustrator is opening a previous version of the file and not the latest one.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator apparently keeps opening earlier versions of my document. It doesn't matter if you keep on saving it before hitting the "close" file. I have updated the software, uninstalled and re-installed again but the issue prevails. Has anyone experienced this? Any fix at all?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator is opening a previous version of the file and not the latest one.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator apparently keeps opening earlier versions of my document. It doesn't matter if you keep on saving it before hitting the "close" file. I have updated the software, uninstalled and re-installed again but the issue prevails. Has anyone experienced this? Any fix at all?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and disable the "Save in background" option in the preferences.

Apparently this happens not when you open the document, but when you save it. The latest edits don't get saved for some reason.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this. Hopefully it works. Thanks for the tip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Resources