• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is performing slow on macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come back to Illustrator after a few years of not using it (I downloaded the free trial from Creative Cloud, so it's the most recent version). Now things are so buggy that it's not useable. The program almost instantly goes into this stalled mode where it redraws very slowly. Then it won't let me quit... I have to force quit every time.

I've spent four hours troubleshooting things (resetting prefs, clearing disk space, and so on), and nothing has changed. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

(MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 on an early 2013 Macbook Pro)

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

All fixed! After uninstalling and reinstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Hi Melissa,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestions given earlier, you may also try the troubleshooting steps given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illustrator/td-p/11561981) for such scenarios.

Hope they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Check out this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/crash-file-data-recovery.ug.ht...

have a look at the GPU section first maybe.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Simmer1 ! However, this link just redirects and leads me to the welcome guide (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/welcome.ug.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off GPU, and turned off saving recovery data. Same problem remains. I notice that the problem only starts when I use the selection tool. That tool gets super weird and slow, and then it essentially goes unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All fixed! After uninstalling and reinstalling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Melissa,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the suggestions given earlier, you may also try the troubleshooting steps given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) for such scenarios.

Hope they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines