Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 2.33.55 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue.  Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue.  Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the first two suggestions and it works now! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem, but I dont understand what you mean with CEP folder or where im supposed to find it? I checked /Library/Application Support/Adobe, but didnt find it... Do you know if there is any video or pic by pic tutorial for the two first suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helllo, I'm running into the exact same issue with illustrator. I've done the CEP part, but there isn't a UXP folder like there was a CEP folder. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Your Prefs (quick)
Press and hold the 3 modifier keys as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.
Alt+Control+Shift (Windows)
Option+Command+Shift (macOS)

Reset Your Prefs (Mac - more thorough)
Quit Illustrator.
Finder >> Go (hold down option to show hidden) >> library
Preferences>> Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings (rename to Illustrator 24 Settings folder.old)
Preferences >> Adobe >>Adobe Illustrator (rename to Adobe Illustrator.old)
Library- >> Caches >> com.adobe.illustrator (rename to com.adobe.illustrator.old)
Library >> Application Support >> Adobe >> Adobe Illustrator 24 (rename to Adobe Illustrator 24.old)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 12.34.36.png

 Hi! I had this problem with illustrator 28.1 , now 28.2, but I don't have this file. Could this be part of the issue? Many thanks ~ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone has Preferences. If you do not see them, then maybe you do not have sufficient access privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (4).pngHelp me with this please!! The steps you have shown are not clear to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tori09,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Illustrator & Photoshop getting stuck on a black screen. Based on the attached screenshot, you might be using an older version of Illustrator & Photoshop. As a first step, I would recommend updating to the latest version of Illustrator, as there were known issues with older versions that have been resolved in the newer versions.

If updating doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know, and we'll explore other potential solutions to help you resolve the problem.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing works for me, ive tried this

Reset Your Prefs (quick)
Press and hold the 3 modifier keys as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chloclok  schrieb:

nothing works for me, ive tried this

Reset Your Prefs (quick)

There are some more things mentioned on this page, please try them as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue. My app is fully up to date, I've uninstalled, reinstalled multiple times. I've ran through the process of renaming all the things mentioned to .old , and before that I also tried the adobe clean up thing I found in the forums as well. Still the same issue for me. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @dasedesigns,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if they help:
1) Close all Adobe applications
2) Navigate to the following folder location:
(Windows) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
(macOS) Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

3) Rename the UXP folder to ~UXP
4) Relaunch Illustrator.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, oddly this UXP folder you mentioned doesn't exist for me? at all lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @dasedesigns,

Thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind sharing some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, screenshots of the folder location, and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3RINd65), so we can investigate this further?

Also, try to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

purtroppo non funziona ancora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @matteo alessa35373839lh7y,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind sharing more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, system config (CPU/GPU/Memory), and a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3OKvJo2), so we can better assist you?

Also, try the following steps and share your observations:
- Close all Adobe applications.

- Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following location:
(Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
(macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

- Relaunch Illustrator

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines