• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator isn't letting me open or create documents?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Illustrator to work on a new project, but it won't show me any presets to make new document. I tried downloading one of the tutorial packs to try to open one of those and start my project that way, but when I opened it it just sent me to the home screen. I've already looked at the forums and I haven't seen any other posts that are having this issue. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator and that hasn't solved the problem. I'm on Windows 10.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of what menu pops up when I try to make a new document. https://gyazo.com/d64cb4745e793d44801388dc195bc02d

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot shows that you don't have recent files, but you have the presets.
You need just to press the preset tab:
d64cb4745e793d44801388dc195bc02d.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've already tried that, and like I said in the original post, the presets don't appear. I would post screenshots, but I'm not at my computer. I contacted adobe support and sat in a session with them for over an hour and they were unable to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines