Highlighted

Illustrator keeps crashing and freezing my computer

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Illustrator CC and I've been working on a large file filled with vectors. I've also incorporated vectors I've downloaded from Shutterstock. Recently, my Illustrator would just stop, freeze then the screen will turn black. Sometimes I can move my mouse but nothing will appear. I would have to restart my computer. This would happen several times and I would have to keep restarting my computer. I'm not sure what the problem is. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks!

Topics

Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator keeps crashing and freezing my computer

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Illustrator CC and I've been working on a large file filled with vectors. I've also incorporated vectors I've downloaded from Shutterstock. Recently, my Illustrator would just stop, freeze then the screen will turn black. Sometimes I can move my mouse but nothing will appear. I would have to restart my computer. This would happen several times and I would have to keep restarting my computer. I'm not sure what the problem is. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks!

Topics

Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us something about the nature of these files.

Also: whichversion exactly, which system and hardware specifications?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revisa la tarjeta de videos o GPU y la memoria ram, es donde esta el
problema
a mi me pasa también y es la GPU y la Memoria Ram

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

buenas tardes JABELLE, 1.- revisa tu tarjeta de videos, puede que estés
usando mucho recursos de imágenes grandes y sobrepasan la permitida por tu
GPU y 2.- Revisa la memoria ram, illustrator igual que photoshop tienen
muchos plugins para los efectos que aveces uno para que se vea mejor el
trabajo los usa y lo que hacen es congelar el programa, espero haberte
ayudado-

a la orden siempre, saludos

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jabelle,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I understand its frustrating. In addition to questions asked above, I would request if you could share the following details:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? 
    Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

You may also try the steps shared on this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines