• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps crashing and freezing

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In urgent need of an adobe support customer care team to figure out why my illustrator keeps crashing. My storage is fine, my memory is at 5gb used of 8gb. What is the problem? I need to use the program for my work - Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you supply more details around the issue? What set up are you on? Was it ok and now not? Have you updated? etc...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it just says I've run out of memory, when my memory on my computer says 5GB used of 8GB, and then crashes over and over again even when all I've done is like drawn a line. Do I have to buy more memory for my mac do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator are you using? How long has this issue been happening? Have you just updated or something?

Have you reset preferences..?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB of RAM is just not very much. It's at the low end of the recommended amount of RAM. WHen your file is complex, then Illustrator might not be able to handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

Monika is right, recommended RAM for Illustrator and other 2021 applications is 16 GB. Please take a look at system requirements here ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/user-guide.html/in/illustrator/system-requirements.ug.html ).

You may try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t... ) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines