• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps on defaulting to standard colour setting.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator keeps on defaulting to the standard colour setting. I have all the latest updates installed and run MacOs 11.2.3. I have set up the colour settings in Bridge, but still every time I open a file in Illustrator it defaults to the standard colour setting - Emulate Adobe® Illustrator® 6.0. If I open a file and work on it, I have to change the colour setting every time, then as soon as I jump to Photoshop and back to Illustrator, it changes back again. It would be great if you can solve this issue, as its getting a bit frustrating.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Hi Aardt!

Exit out of all running Adobe apps and then delete the following file:

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst

After that you can select your preferred color settings and they should stick. I would recommend doing that in Adobe Brige so it's remains consistent across all installed Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Hi Aardt!

Thanks for coming back on this topic. Same here for me too, no issues since deleting the cache file. Happy days!

Cheers

_Z_

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug caused by the recent Photoshop update. It sets your Illustrator Color Settings to Emulate Illustrator 6, which turns color management off.

If that is the case, use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

See also:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply Ton, I really appreciate it. Seems like this issue has been around for a while as a lot of people are struggling with it, its driving me a bit crazy 🙂

Again, thank you for replying - I'll try your suggestion and see if it helps.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aardt!

Exit out of all running Adobe apps and then delete the following file:

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst

After that you can select your preferred color settings and they should stick. I would recommend doing that in Adobe Brige so it's remains consistent across all installed Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Photoshop problem, deleting caches will only temporarely solve it.

See the answer from the Illustrator team:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/colour-profile-keeps-defaulting-to-emulate-illustrator/m-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only speak for myself but ever since I deleted that file my color settings stayed the way I set them several days ago. Before then they would only stick for a day, if that. Other users reported similar success in the same thread you linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great, thank you. I deleted the file as you suggested, and so far I have had no issues. I will run it for as long as it stays like this, and see how it goes. If the problem persists, I will look at downgrading my Photoshop as Ton suggests.

Thank you both for your valuable input and time - much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

Just to let you know, I have not had a single problem since I deleted the cache file, so this definitely worked.

Thanks for the help, all the best.

Aardt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aardt!

Thanks for coming back on this topic. Same here for me too, no issues since deleting the cache file. Happy days!

Cheers

_Z_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aardt, don't forget to update to the latest Photoshop 22.3.1

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines