• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator kept automatically turned off my auto save after crash

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. My Adobe Illustrator kept crashing every time I'm trying to save my work. I have turned on my auto save option, but after restarting my app, it says it automatically turned off my auto recover, without notice, and there aren't even any files of my auto save from before the app crashes. I've been redoing this work for THREE times now because of this, this has consumed 2 days of my life. I'm very disappointed as there isn't any way for me to save my work nor there is a way to auto save my work. I am tired and desperately need my work file. Please solve this. Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and system is it?

Where do you save files?

What's in your files?

At which point do you save files? Directly after drawing the first elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the adobe illustrator cc 2019

I save my files on my local disc D (also the place I choose my 'failed auto save' to go to).

My illustration design

I tried to save my work every time it looks like it has changed a significant amount, but every time I tried to, it crashes the app and I'm basically unable to save my work. The only file that's not gone is the first version of my work (where I saved it after like 5 minutes of work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what is "your illustration design"? What's in it? What kind of objects do you draw?

Do you use third party plugins?

Do you have a printer connected?

Which options do you use when saving files?

Is there enough space left on your disk?

Is there text in your artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know how to describe it, i guess graphic design? it contains pictures, drawings, and texts.

What's a third party plugin?

And I don't have my printer connected when I work. I would assume that you meant physically cable to port connected.

The 'Save' one, but it kept leading me to files as if i choose the 'Save as' one even tho i already saved my file once

Yes I have over 460gb on my disc D

Yes there are many texts in my artwork

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm only interested in the Illustrator functions you used. So it might matter when you used blends a lot, or placed images, or brushes, stuff like that.

Since there is text in your file: did you check all your fonts for corruption?

Also: do you use a font management tool such as Suitcase?

Can you also try and uncheck the option "Save in background" in the preferences.

Ans also please try and connect a printer. If you don't have one, set up a PDF printer. If you have a printer, turn it on. Set it up as the default printer. Illustrator looks for a printer when saving a file. If it can't find one, it tends to act up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines