• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator lagging, for no apparent reason

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook Pro that's only a year old and Illustrator is lagging by about 1-2 seconds each time I delete an anchor point, use the pen tool, move the object, etc.

Things I've tried:

• making my illustration smaller since it has a lot of points, didn't help. It's all vector on an 8.5in x 11in size artboard (300 dpi).  So not gigantic
  • Restarting

I've checked the Activity Monitor and Illustrator takes up roughly 50% CPU when I'm using it. And everything else that's running is below 6%. (There's nothing running harder than Illustrator)

sk81_0-1616269979857.png

Thanks in advance! This is driving me nuts!! 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I should have mentioned that I'm using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. The lag happens with both a keyboard click (such as the delete key) and mouse actions equally. Doesn't seem to be related to those since those 2 bluetooth items work just fine in other programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok for some unknown reason - right after I posted this question, Illustrator stopped lagging!! I thought surely the problem would start back up but it's been 24 hrs and it hasn't happened again. Fingers crossed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're glad your app is working properly. Please try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) if you have further issues with the performance.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines