• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator- layer style- stoke/fill - using a jpg for pattern (AI)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a repeating pattern with a marble texture as the fill and a glitter brush as the stroke...

I can get a hex with a marble jpg patternas a fill using a clipping mask. But then I tried apply a stroke to add a glitter brush / or a fold foil (like in PS as a layer style) and it is like...no. I  can get a uniform basic fill to show only (attached shows that in red- if only that is what I need!) 

I have mutiple hexagons to do so I am interested if there is an easier way of doing this... at this point my only thought is to add a 2nd hexagon over the top of each marble hexagon to get there if I could assing only a stroke and no fill to that 2nd layer hexagons.. 

Sadly this would be asy to do in PS as a layer effect - I'm still adjusting to learning AI. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Attaching the overall atrboard too. 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically like this... which took like 30 seconds in PS by just exporting the AI file as a PSD to PS (all the hex on one layer since they were on a single layer in AI) applying a clipping mask of the marble and then assing a pattern to the stroke. 

I get this is rastered and not vectors... they wanted an AI file for the label, but wondering if it really matters when we are talking under 10" anyway. I'm thinking my hack is to do this and re-import the PS file to Ai and add the text etc. I was trying for clean design...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines