• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator losing content in windows and tabs when switching focus

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem in Illustrator with disappearing content in windows and tabs. And it has been a widespread thing with all Adobe products, (especially Photoshop for years thoughout different versions and MacOS upgrades, but the latest updates seemed to have fixed it). But here it is with the current version of Illustrator 24.2.1. I've made a screen recording and posted it here to illustrate it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is having these problems, and as I have said I've had these issues for years across different versions of Adobe products, and at least 3 upgrades of MacOS with clean installs and between a 2013 Macbook Pro and this new 2018 Macbook pro that is shown in the video. I do run Default Folder X, but I've seen this happen when not running that as well. Seems like an issue with graphics incompatibility/bugs with Adobe and Macbook Pros?

https://youtu.be/DaZESk4lcqc

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

There are 2 cards? Can you try and turn off automatic GPU switching in the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same happen when you turn off GPU acceleration in the preferences?

Which graphic card is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have not tried to turn off GPU acceleration, but I will try that. The flash of green over places that change when selecting different tabs seems like something to do with the graphics processors to me (the green color is sometimes fills the entire content area of tabs in Adobe Photoshop as well when this happens in that program).

The graphics cards are:

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

This is on a stock MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 cards? Can you try and turn off automatic GPU switching in the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a Macbook Pro laptop, so it's not really a 'card' -- it switches between 2 GPUs depending on if the battery is in use or if it is plugged in to power. I can disable that so it's always using the higher powered GPU. 

I'll try that -- but not ideal if ever working on battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator just doesn't like that setting a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far so good with the GPU Perfromance turned off. However I hope that someday Adobe (or Apple) will fix it so that I can have this turned on. I'll report back here if I see any other issues, as this happens intermittently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines