Highlighted

Illustrator makes me relink already linked photos, every time I open the file.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save all the photos I use in my illustrator files to one specific folder so I know where they are - and I never move them around. Even so, every time I open my Illustrator files it makes me relink all of the photos even thought I have linked them before, and they haven't moved from the original folder. Some times it makes me relink the same photos mutliple times a day - it takes up a lot of my time.

Is there a setting or something I am missing that will permanently link or embed the photos into the files? Does it make a difference that the folder containing all the photos sits on my desk top and is backed up by icloud?

Please I need help! 

Hi Samuel,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We have been waiting for your response to this query. Along with the questions asked by Monika, could you please confirm if the same thing happens when you disable iCloud sync for system folders.

turn of Icloud backup.jpg

Illustrator does not support network or removable drives as scratch disks, or folders of file sync services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and icloud.

For more details, please take a look at this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html).

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator makes me relink already linked photos, every time I open the file.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save all the photos I use in my illustrator files to one specific folder so I know where they are - and I never move them around. Even so, every time I open my Illustrator files it makes me relink all of the photos even thought I have linked them before, and they haven't moved from the original folder. Some times it makes me relink the same photos mutliple times a day - it takes up a lot of my time.

Is there a setting or something I am missing that will permanently link or embed the photos into the files? Does it make a difference that the folder containing all the photos sits on my desk top and is backed up by icloud?

Please I need help! 

Hi Samuel,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We have been waiting for your response to this query. Along with the questions asked by Monika, could you please confirm if the same thing happens when you disable iCloud sync for system folders.

Illustrator does not support network or removable drives as scratch disks, or folders of file sync services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and icloud.

For more details, please take a look at this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html).

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, which system?

Exactly where are your photos?

Do you always use the same computer or different ones (in a network)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samuel,

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Srishti,

I'm currently using version 24.2, always on the same computer and my photos are in a folder on my desktop.

I'll try disabling the icloud sync, and have a look at the article.

Thanks,

Samuel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samuel,

I would like to know if turning off iCloud sync as suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists. Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,
Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 2