Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator memory issue not allowing me to see my rendered images

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyo Illustrator Users and Experts,

I ran into an issue with adobe illustrator and I need to know if anyone else out there has run into this problem and knows a way to troubbleshoot it. 

The problem: I was working with a couple of effect tools in illustrator (3D tools: extrude&bevel tool, revolve tool 2D: tools: the blend tool and roughen edges tool) when everything in view went into wireframe mode. Adobe said that I did not have enough memory to see the rendered images, so I followed the usual steps on the adobe forum, reset cache and disk, restart the computer, redownload the app and nothing has worked) I still can't see what I'm wotking with, so continuing on this file has been impossible. Any help would be really appreciated! 

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without any system info nobody can tell you much, but the answer is pretty much there in your own words: If you slap a ton of complex objects onto the artboard with hundreds and thousands of points you will eventually simply run out of all working memory. It's simple computer math. A single 3D extrusion can produce hundrteds of paths to create the illusion of shading and clearly you are using multiple instances of that alone and then similarly complex features like blends. something has to give under those circumstances. You may need to flatten and expand objects to conserve memory and get better performance. Only getting more real memory might allow you to use more dynamically rasterized objects and keep working without these steps.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines