• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator: Mouse hover with selection tool (V) does not highlight group objects

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, in the past when using the selection tool (V) and hovering over an object, the highlight outline would normally show all objects which are grouped with the object I was hovering over. This "preview" is very useful for me to be able to "see" groups without having to select/unselect objects.

Now, when I hover over an object with the Selection tool, all that I can see is the highlight for that one object. To see if it is grouped with other objects and what those objects are, I have to now actually click to select the object and then the entire grouped set is selected as expected. In my experience, this was not how it functioned in the past.

Does anyone know if there is a way in Illustrator 2021 to fix this?

(i.e. have the grouped object highlight when I hover over it with my the selection tool)

FYI - 

I have turned Smart Guides On/Off and this does not resolve the issue.

Show/Hide Bounding box does not resolve the issue.

I have turned all 'Snap to' settings On/Off and this does not resolve the issue.

I do not have 'Hide Edges' enabled for the object

Thanks for your help-

dave

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?